Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I've been working on my great American novel (In Canada) and I thought I'd give you all a sneak peek of it. It's called 'The Wasp Initiative', and it's a political thriller about this guy named Thomas Wasp who goes undercover in the C.I.A to try and catch this rogue agent named Doug Initiative. I'd say it's a mixture of Tom Clancy, John Grisham with elements taken from 50 Cent's autobiography 'From Pieces to Weight'. But enough of my blabbering, have an excerpt from the book:


Wasp put the manilla file on the table. "You know what's in there, Doug. All the phone records, the e-mails, the letters, the telegrams you sent to the Chinese. You've been leaking top secret information, and I have the proof to bring you down."

Doug Initiative lit up the massive stogie in his mouth. "Well well well, if it isn't the Government's patsy. What's it like being a puppet for them, PATSY Cline."

"I don't know what you mean!?" Wasp furrowed his brow in confusion.

Doug lit up the cigarette in his mouth. "You think the NSA's just trying to take me down to clean up corruption in the C.I.A? Ha, like that's believable. I was just like you once, doing whatever the 'government' told me to do. You need to think for yourself man, be your own boss."

Wasp shook his head. "And get lost in the corruption like you? No thanks. I keep my alliegiance where I keep my love...in my heart."

Doug leaned back in his chair and exhaled some smoke. "Your heart, eh? Let's just see what you do keep in it."

Doug sat up and pulled a gun out of his leg holster. He raised it up to Wasp's chest and shot it at his heart. Wasp screamed and jumped out of the way, the bullet just missing him. Wasp grabbed the manilla file off the desk and lept out the window, grabbing a hold of the american flag jutting out the side of the building. At that very moment, Wasp was glad he lived in such a patriotic country.


To be continued....



Pretty great, huh? Just imagine all that tension and excitement, but spread over 456 pages. But to make sure you do get a chance to read it all, I gotta go finish the thing, so I better get a-typin'!

Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home