Sunday, July 02, 2006

I'm not Alan Thicke. Stop asking me. I get at least 30 e-mails a day from people asking me if I'm him. I'm not, I never was, and I don't plan to be.

But speaking of Alan Thicke, I do have a funny story that involves him. And it's all true, I swear.

I was in New York working as a grip during the filming of the film 'Cop and a Half', a delightful family comedy starring Burt Reynolds. I came in a monday, and everyone was abuzz with anticipation. Apparently, Alan Thicke was coming by to give his opinion on the movie. You see, there's this old tradition in Hollywood where Alan Thicke visits every film set (Usually wearing a cape or some sort of royalty garment) and he proceeds to comb over the area with a finetooth comb (He has since started using a mechanical comb) and then either gives it a yay or a nay. Well, the time came at lunch, and I heard the trumpets blare that meant Alan had arrived. I quickly ran to the entrance of the set and saw Alan in all his glory, wearing a flowing rope and draped in the finest silks imaginable. He looked into my eyes, I looked into his eyes, and in that moment, I felt peace.

And that's my story. Alan Thicke has since died and my peace has been replaced with fear and trepidation.

Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home